Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Here You Go ... Gerville!


The obvious question is always: “Why create a blog?” and I have no apprehension in providing a response. You create a blog because you need to express a viewpoint and if any place needs a plethora of viewpoints is this place, the U.S. Virgin Islands. Steeped in history and culture, the U.S.V.I. is rich in its built and natural environments. You'd expect that everyone living here would conserve these rich attributes at all costs, but alas … no such luck. Where it is most prevalent that there is a community disconnect is our historic towns (Charlotte Amalie, Christiansted, Frederiksted & Cruz Bay) which, I'm afraid to say, continue to loose their historical character each and every day. I am a firm believer if we help educate the populace and they learn the importance and value of place ... this place, we will see these towns and our islands come back to life in the best ways possible. Help me help us achieve this super important goal!


My place, my interior, my sanctuary ... my inspiration


No comments:

Post a Comment